If you’ve had a baby, chances are you know what it means to be tired. While those feelings of, “I’m just so happy to be a mother *bats eyelashes*, I don’t mind being up all night,” are positive and peppy at first, soon even the most positive and grateful of new mothers will become exhausted. Here are five signs that you’re not getting enough sleep:
- While having a discussion about eye color with your three-year-old, she says something like this: “Daddy has green eyes, I have brown eyes, the baby has blue eyes and you have red eyes.”
- You break down in tears when you discover there may be a link between your breastfed baby’s wakefulness and that 2 pm cup of coffee that you need to get you through the day.
- When your childless girlfriend explains to you that she is so exhausted because she had a few late nights and she absolutely needs 8 hours to function, you do the meanest thing you can think of and secretly wish that her first born has colic.
- It’s first thing in the morning and you overhear your husband on the phone inviting company to come for brunch. He’s saying, “Oh no, our night wasn’t that bad.” You wonder if he slept on a different planet as you look in the mirror and for the life of you your left eye will not open. Nope, it’s not moving.
- You have one of those babies who cries every time you try to lay him down, thus you have him as your sidekick all the time. When you finally get him to sleep in his crib, all you can think about is a bubble bath and 15 minutes with a good book. Just then your husband gives you the look. You pretend you didn’t see it; after all you only have the one good eye.
Have you experienced any of these signs that you need more sleep? Don’t worry; SleepWell Baby’s got your back. Work with us to get your children sleeping. They will be happier and you can reclaim your life, or at the very least, have both eyes open at the same time. Call us, we can help you and your family rest easy.
Image courtesy of www.davebrosha.com